Book 1 - Post 1
The book I chose to read is “Hit Fresh” by Satya Nadella. Satya is the third CEO of Microsoft after Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, and he has been leading the company since 2014. I chose this book because it not only vividly tells Satya’s personal experience from his childhood to the transformation he brings to Microsoft, but also conveys the philosophies behind Satya’s decision making. I think this book would provide insights that would be invaluable to my current stage of career.
In his illustration of the first few chapters that I have read, Satya uses his personal hobbies in sports to draw insights to his philosophy in corporate management. This approach of conveying information is really easy to ignite my interest. In the following chapters, he detailedly discusses how he found Microsoft’s “soul”, the importance of teamwork, data and trust, as well as AI. The “roadmap” starts from general corporate management insights to more Microsoft-specific and industry-specific discussion. I hope to gain insights from his experience of managing this company, and develop more thoughts on the future development of the technology industry.
Hi Maria, sounds like a fascinating read! Learning about how Satya Nadella manages such a huge company like Microsoft must be incredibly insightful. I bet his experiences offer a unique perspective on the company’s evolution and strategies for success. I too am curious to learn about Nadella's upbringing and how he ended up leading one of the biggest tech companies in the world.
ReplyDelete