Book 2 Post - Feel Good Productivity: How To Do More of What Matters to You

 

Feel Good Productivity: How To Do More of What Matters to You


The book I picked to read in the past two weeks is “Feel Good Productivity: How To Do More of What Matters to You” by Ali Abdaal. Ali is a productivity expert who graduated from Cambridge, and he runs his Youtube channel discussing practical tips on success-related topics. I chose this book because I am at a stage in my life where I need to figure out what matters to me the most, and try to find balance and reach efficiency among all my daily tasks. Ali’s tips serve as great insights for me to reflect and learn from.


I really like this book mainly because of two reasons.


First, Ali’s suggestions allowed me to realize some fundamental tips of being productive, which was hard to realize on my own. The most influential one to myself is the importance of feeling good. Being stressed and self-disciplined most of the time, I have experienced the causal relationships between mood and productivity in the past, but I never seriously linked them together. The power of feeling good is underestimated by myself a lot of times. Sometimes it is important to relax a bit, give myself space, and move on in a more productive way. In this book, Ali mentioned lots of insights that brought me reflection similar to the one discussed here. I truly value the opportunity of becoming self-aware on the fundamental factors of productivity. 


Second, the tips were easy to understand and follow, and I found myself more productive after learning them. The book talked about tips to overcome procrastination - find the root cause (usually the uncertainty or fear toward a task), and lower its stake. Magically, when I started to put a huge task for less stake - simply put, give myself less pressure - I stopped procrastinating. This is an example of a simple yet effective tip in this book.


Overall, I would highly recommend this book. It is easy to read, straight-to the point, and provides a lot of insights that could truly improve productivity. The book will bring insights to boost self-awareness and self-care, and even enhance the quality of professional journeys.


Comments

  1. I picked the same book for this assignment and loved it too! Ali’s take on productivity felt like such a breath of fresh air. I totally agree with you: realizing that feeling good actually helps you get more done was such a game-changer. It’s so easy to forget that! I also loved the part about lowering the pressure to beat procrastination. That simple mindset shift helped me so much. Loved your reflection! So cool to see we took away similar things from the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria! The author of this book is an expert at productivity and multitasking. He has shown up on my youtube feed quite a few times. I think that this is a great book for people of our age. This is because we stand at a crucial turning point of our lives. Stoping procrastination is hard. We often treat the symptom, not the root cause. I'm glad this book was helpful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria, I like the connection between feeling good and productivity. The tip about lowering the stakes to beat procrastination is super practical, and I’m glad to hear it’s already working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, sounds like an awesome read! I love how it connects feeling good with being productive. Definitely need to try out those tips on tackling procrastination by lowering the stakes. Thanks for sharing, might just check this one out to get more done without the stress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment